Blood Thirsty Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Of Warcraft Guild forum for Blood Thirsty Soldiers of Burning Blade

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Faramire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!) Empty
PostSubject: Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!)   Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!) EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:30 pm

I figured, we've got to know a little something about our PCs since hell, i had to upgrade my vcard before i could play this two months ago, as opposed to when i first built my PC back in 2002(or '03..)

I've got:

My mobo has everything, dual core capabilities, PCI-E vcard slots, not sure what else to say about it but it supports the good stuff

3.2ghz processor (still only a 3.4ghz only thing higher? for 3x the price..)
300GB hdd, totally unnecessary but it has the higher rpm than 7200.
I got the 1gb PCI-E vcard by geforce, my second choice, but i got it for a steal so.
4GB ram. (my mobo can support i think 16... )

My case supports 4 HDDs, although i only have one, i don't have a floppy(who does!?)
And cd burner/dvd whatev.

What you guys have?
Back to top Go down
Casticles
Rank 2
Rank 2
Casticles

PostSubject: Comp techies...   Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:27 am

LOL well, it seems as though I have forgotten more about computers than I know now... my first REAL computer (I had a Commodore 64... really...)
was an ASTresearch with an intel 386/33 processor, 210Mb hard drive, and, count'em, 12 Mb ram. Actually had 3.5 AND 5.25" floppy drives, and I upgraded it to a 56K phone modem, and 24Mb ram. Wow, what a screamer! Only cost $2100.00 at circuit city!! I cringe at this nowadays, but back then, it was only a step or two from state of the art! It ran on Windows 3.1, or, as I called it: the CrashMaster. I thought blue screens were what you got everytime you tried to load new software! And, somewhere, I still have floppy disks with original Dilbert cartoons on them, which I downloaded in only 4 or 5 minutes!! And you could still run MS-DOS, which I used to be pretty good at, but couldn't do enough today to get my face slapped... I remember going into DOS to recover my system when it would crash. I was on AOL for 3 years! (at $21.99/month) Sold this computer to a friend for $150...she just wanted it for email!
Now, 4 computers later, running a generic Gateway that I got at BestBuy, with the Intel "Core2 Quad" processor, 2Gb ram, 250G hard drive, NVidia GeForce 8500 gcard, and, of course Windows Vista. Works pretty well: we get 60fps on WoW. Since my wife has to be able to get on Ebay at a moment's notice, I have his and hers comps set up in our den, hers is the same Gateway except for a just an Intel "Core2" processor. And hers runs Wow at 72fps. WTF?
Back to top Go down
Faramire
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!)   Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:39 am

Lol that's just great.

How do we check FPS on wow? ill see what mine is..
Back to top Go down
Undecided
Rank 1
Rank 1
Undecided

PostSubject: Re: Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!)   Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:56 am

Hmm I just recently bought the new HP laptop. Its Sweet cept for lil problem

HP NB184UA HDX X18-1180US Entertainment 18.4" Notebook PC
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 2GHz / 4GB RAM / 500GB Hard Drive / Geforce 9600M GT / Blu-Ray Drive / Webcam / 802.11AGN / Bluetooth / Vista Home Premium 64-Bit

Now the thing is my WoW freezes when in major towns or just random populated areas. I've searched and found tons of others with same problem with several fixes that don't seem to work for me. My older laptop was half of this and never had a problem. It has gotten better but still upsets me.. sniffles

For your FPS, turn off vertical synch if you have it on and then check them.. I was looking for best performance for my 3d settings in nvidia control panel and in Undercity I get 100+ fps. I'm usually around 60 though as well.

The computer icon in wow if you mouse over it, it'll tell you your fps, latency, and memory of addons and such
Back to top Go down
Faramire
Rank 2
Rank 2

PostSubject: Re: Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!)   Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!) EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:47 am

actually a wierd thing happening with my laptop...

the network adaptor doesn't read.

It used to work fine, then one day it just stopped working. I opened up the laptop, and insured the wires were in etc.

Still nothing, so i bought a new wireless card, installed that, and still nothing.

Any reason why this wouldn't work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!)   Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gamers & comp technies - aren't we the same? (Post your specs!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood Thirsty Soldiers :: Out Of Game Forum :: Off Game Topics-
Jump to: